Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Las Vegas Trip Part 1 - Shows

Took a trip to Death Valley and  Las Vegas last week with my bf and took over 800 pictures! I will just post a few of them here in the next entry.

This was my very first time seeing any show in Las Vegas. I've heard that any show that you watch there is a great experience so I was really excited. We got tickets to "Cirque de Soleil's Mystere" before leaving for the trip. The show itself wasn't bad, but the theater was pretty small. It was much like when I watched "Ovo" in San Jose. Our seats weren't the most expensive, but we were really close to the stage. I would rate that a 8 out of 10 having in mind the seating arrangements, how entertaining the show was, and the price for the tickets (special price 2 for $99!!).

At the souvenir store hehehe

The next day we decided that we had nothing to do at night so we bought tickets to 2 more shows. Zumanity and Criss Angel Believe (another special price to buy tickets for both shows). They are also both from Cirque de Soleil. I just love the acrobatic stuff!
We just wanted to see the Criss Angel show at first, because we saw this cool trailer when walking around Vegas. I can't find the exact one online but it advertised that there was a lot of Cirque de Soleil performances throughout the show. When we took a cab the cab driver even said people didn't like the show because it didn't show much of Criss Angel but more Cirque de Soleil. This made us more excited...we did not care too much about Criss Angel.

Here is something similar to the trailer that was advertised


Lots of acrobatic stuff right?? But NNOOOO! They must have changed the show without changing the trailer! It made me so angry after the show ended and I was like WTF that's it? There was not 1 sec of Cirque de Soleil. How can they call this a Cirque de Soleil show when they're not in it?! I seriously wanted to ask for my money back for false advertisement and that really ruined my night because I was so excited about it. During most of the show these random guys, or more like fake magicians that are supposedly Criss Angel's friends were talking during most of the show along with Criss Angel. He did do some cool tricks which I doubt are real, but I just wanted him to get off the stage and see some better action. T_T What a waste of my time...
They did have some cool pictures in the hall before the show though. Like those hologram kind where the picture changes when you look at it from another angle (I think that's what they're called).
This one's clearly not a hologram but I like it for the bunny


There were quite a few but I didn't get to snap pictures of all of them.
The theater for this show was much bigger, so for crappy show, bad seating, and false advertisement equals 3 out of 10 stars.

 Me being sad the next day after being reminded of Criss Angel's show =(

Zumanity was quite boring, too. Also bad seating again...these tall people sat in front of us and blocked so much of the stage -_-. There was also less acrobatic stuff and more singing. Bf wanted to see it after I said no to shows like "Crazy Horse"...haha...maybe next time. Anyways, I would give this show a 6 out of 10.
The performers creeped me out before the show (they were walking/standing around the lobby). Every time I walked by one of them I would fear for them jumping out at me. Some of them have creepy makeup.

Next time I go I'm going to watch "O". That seems like the best show, but we didn't have time to watch another. That's one of the more pricey shows as well. "KA" might be good as well and it was playing at MGM where we stayed. I don't know why we decided not to watch that one.

Overall, the shows were not bad. Criss Angel just really pissed me off!

1 comment:

caroline said...

post more pics! =)