Sunday, December 5, 2010

Simple Pork Loin Recipe

One easy way I cook my pork loin
These are the only ingredients I use

 The 2 sauces are all I use. No need for salt or any other seasoning. You can find these in Asian supermarkets.

I just coat the outside of the pork loin (any size, but I prefer cutting them into approx. quarter pound pieces). I coat it first with the Sha Cha Jiang on the right. This is usually used in hot pot sauce mixes and has a beefy flavor. The red cap means that it's spicy, but they also sell non-spicy ones where the lid is clear. I only put on a thin coat, and then top it off with some of the sauce on the left. I've tried cooking this with only the sauce on the left before with as much sauce as I could stick on and it turned out a little salty, so never use too much sauce. If you like the Cha Shao Pork (where the outside of the cooked pork is reddish) then you can just use the sauce on the left. If only using the sauce on the left then you should poke some holes into the pork loin before applying the sauce so the flavor gets inside the meat. I prefer the other sauce more though and for that you do not need to poke holes.

I usually cook 2 or 3 pieces at a time and since my big oven is broken, I use this one below.
Don't mind the chips in the tray.
I preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and lay aluminum foil before laying on the pork so it does not stick and is faster to clean up.
Cook the pork for 40-45 minutes, turning the pork at 20 minutes to the other side.
The result is...
I know the meat doesn't look moist here, but I guarantee it is! The meat is super moist and tender and if you cook it long enough with enough sauce it will have a nice tasty crust.
If you only decide to use the sauce on the left then there will not be juices after the cooking process like you see above, but the meat still turns out juicy and tender.

Good luck if you decide to try this simple recipe out!

No comments: